Wednesday 12 September 2012

Traverse the Royal City by Incredible India Tours Rajasthan



Tourists want to camp for at least three days to explore the essence of Rajasthan. I have got four days off from work because I want to haunt each and every part of the state by the Incredible India tours Rajasthan. I have arrived Jaipur at first day. It is also called the Pink City because its old districts were painted pink color. Fortunately some of the monuments are located within walking distance of each other and most tourist attractions of capital city close their gates by early evening, so you should reach as early as you can.

Hawa Mahal
First I have visited Hawa Mahal, the pink and red sandstone stunning architecture of the interior unfolds over five stories. The courtyard where the autumn celebrations were held is the Sharad Mandir. Second storey is the Ratan Mandir with beautiful stained glasswork on its walls. The next storey is Vichitra Mandir where the king used to worship Lord Krishna. Next storey is the Prakash Mandir where open terraces both sides which makes your clothes begin to flap about in the wind. Next is Hawa Mandir, the top storey is open roof which offers great views of the city below; the height and breeze can have a rather extreme effect so you may want to cling on to the walls for support.

Govinddevji Mandir , the shrine opens for about fifteen minutes at select windows so you should make enquiries about the next darshan before you plan to visit. Several centuries old temple is the aura of peace. The City Palace is nearby, the part of which is occupied by the royal family. Inside the palace photography is prohibited in most of the palace galleries; you can buy overpriced souvenirs at the museum shop as well as the Palace Atelier. Then I head to the Albert Hall Museum and Doll Museum next, it shuts by 5:30 pm, so should get there at least by 4:00. Egyptian Mummy is the main attraction. Large collection of antique vases, idols, paintings and artifacts are also attracting tourist. The Doll Museum has a large collection of dolls from all over the world located near the Police Memorial on Jawaharlal Nehru Marg.

Amber Fort
Whatever else you miss in Jaipur, don’t leave out Amber Fort . The white marble domes which is the combination of Islamic and Rajput architectural styles. The Sheesh Mahal is the most beautiful part of the fort. A single ray of light could illuminate the entire hall because of the clever placement of the tiny mirrors within is the really awesome thing I heard about Sheesh Mahal. Then I head to Gaitore, the cremation site of the Maharajas of Jaipur which containing beautiful cenotaphs and the Kanak Vrindavan temple.It is located just off the Amer-Jaipur road. This road also offers a view of the Jal Mahal lake palace.

Next day I visited Pushkar, the pilgrimage site which is less than 150 km from the capital. Pushkar is walled on three sides by hills and sandy bank at the fourth side. After that I headed to Ajmer Dargah Sharif. On this journey I have seen the Nag Pahar which winds around the beautiful lake. I reached at prayer time, so I can do prayer in the dargah. Inside the dargah cameras are prohibited. Then I turn to Jodhpur. The roads are narrow and heavy traffic, so make sure that you leave early enough to finish the journey by nightfall. Fortunately I have reached Jodhpur safely.

On the third morning of my Incredible India tours Rajasthan I visited Mehrangarh Fort which is famous for its architecture, paintings, clothes etc. if you intend to see the sunset you will have to leave for Jaisalmer at least by 1 pm. Then I turn to Khuri village to catch the sunset over the sand dunes. Camel safaris into the desert put up folk entertainment and I had typical Rajasthani dinner and spend that night at desert.

A view of Mount Abu
Last day of my Incredible India tours Rajasthan I visited Sonar Quila, the Golden Fort whose yellow sandstone walls glitter in the sun. This fort is there in the Shonar Kella, Sathyajith Ray’s film. Then I headed to Mount Abu, the only hill station in Rajasthan. Mist floats down by noon and hovers over the hill for the larger part of the day. The Dilwara Jain Temple nearby opens at noon, so I decided to trek up to the top of the mountain and come back down at noon. The temple looks plain enough from the outside but interior is really awesome. Then I visited wildlife sanctuary and the Nakki Lake.  Nakki lake is an artificial water body 1200 metres above sea level. Then I visited Rana Kumbha palace which was constructed in the early fifteenth century. Then I have visited Padmini Palace and Zenana Mahal. Then I headed to Jaipur to catch my flight by cherishing the moments I have spent in the Royal land.

No comments:

Post a Comment