Friday 14 September 2012

Incredible India Tours Kerala of a Backpacker from One End to Other End of God's own Country

I have been visited so many places across the world, but no other places attracted me like Kerala. Apart from the breath taking beauty this land holds some special things which is really stimulating the minds. I am sure that Kerala holds everything that the traveler looking forward. The exotic beaches, scenic attraction, serene waterfalls, wonderful culture, marvelous arts, colorful festivals etc makes this land as unique attraction. I don’t have enough words to describe the sights, smell and the sounds of this incredible land. You will understand why this green land is popularly called as Gods own country only by the Incredible India tours Kerala. 

On Monday morning I landed to Trivandrum International Airport. This is the second time I am visiting Kerala, so I have a plan of the important tourist places which i should cover in Incredible India tours Kerala. I picked up the bag and decided to go first to Kovalam beach,one of the main attraction of God's own Capital . Then turn to Thenmala reserve forest . On the way I have visited many places such as Agasthyarkoodam peak, Ponmudi hill station, Neyyar Wild life sanctuary, Mundanthurai Tiger reserve etc.

Vandiperiyar near Gavi
Next morning I visited Kollam (Quilon), had a boat ride in Ashtamudi lake and visited the  Thangassery Light House. Then I headed to Alappey(Alapuza). There an awesome thing is awaited me is kettuvallam. I have Rented a kettuvallam for a day. Drifting through quiet canals lined with coconut palms, tasting the seafood prepared in a kerala style and sleeping on the water by seeing the galaxy of stars could be one of your most expensive experience in my Incredible India tours Kerala .Next Morning I headed to Periyar wild life sanctuatory. Around 200 km journey I reached Periyar wild life sanctuatory. There is an amazing land located right in the middle of the sanctuary called Gavi in Pathanamthitta. The grasslands, waterfalls, hills and valleys make that land as a paradise of nature. You have plenty of options to do there such as Trekking, Wildlife watching, Birding, boating, stay at top tree huts, Safaris through jungle roads etc.

Bamboo drafting
After enjoying the stay in Gavi I visited Thekkady the spice garden of Kerala. Bamboo drafting in a thick forest is one of the unforgettable thing. Then I headed to Munnar, hill station located in the Idukki district. On the way you can witness the cardamom hills. Upon arrival, munnar greeted me with the morning cloud dusted the mountain in tops. After quick breakfast  headed to the Eravikulam National Park situated about 12 Km.  I couldn’t stop taking the images of delightful view of the tea plantation and Nilgiri fields from above the hills. A native told me about Neelakurinji, which is a plant flowered only once in twelve years. It bloomed in munnar last time on 2006. So I decided to visit munnar on 2018 to see that amazing sight. Then I visited Tata Tea Museum located at Nallathanni Estate and Anamudi, the highest mountain of peninsular India. Then turned to Parambikulam wild life santutary. On the way I had seen the sandal forest waterfalls and muniyaras in marayur.  I don’t have enough time so I removed some places from my tour destination lists. Then I visited Athirapally water falls in Thrissur and turned to Kochi.

Reached Willingdon Island, which  is significant as the home for the Port of Kochi, as well as the Kochi Naval Base. After visiting Kochi port I started moving toward the Mattanchery Dutch Palace. I founded many ancient weapons, paintings, dress of the Maharaja inside the place. Then I visited Paradesi Jewish Synagogue which is the oldest active synagogue in India. After that I moved towards the Kochi Fort. From the beach I saw Chinese fishing nets; fishermen use these fishing nets to earn their livelihoods. Then I visited the places near to  Fort Kochi are Marine Drive, Portuguese Cemetery, Santa Cruz Basilica and a Jain temple.

Thamarassery Churam
After that I headed to Kappad beach in kozikode district. On the way to beach you will come across Beypore that is the oldest port of Kerala. Kappad beach is famous because Portuguese explorer Vasco Da Gama landed in beach and the voyage established the sea route from Europe to India.Then I headed to wayanad.On the way i came across the Thamarassery pass, the gateway to Wayanad. This nine hairpin bends in this 14 km long pass connects Kozhikode and wayanad districts.According to archaeological evidence, Vayanad forests have been inhabited for more than three thousand years. There I visited Begur Wild life Sanctuary, Brahmagiri hills,Chembra Peak, Kuruva Dweep, Meenmutty Waterfalls,Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary,Pookote Lake, Soochipara Waterfalls, Tholpetty Wildlife Sanctuary. 


Bekal Fort

Then I turned to Mahe the small French Town, located in Pondichery Union Territory. The Tourist places around the Mahe are Payyambalam Beach, Dharmadam Island,Pazhassi Dam etc. Then I turned to Ezimala in Kannur district which is one of the most important places in the recorded history of North Kerala. The places I visted in Ezimala are Kavvayi Backwaters, Kanjarkolly Waterfalls, Pythalmallai, St Angelo Fort and Arakkal Museum. After that I headed to Bekal Fort in Kasaragod. The Fort has an important role in North Kerala history. Some important features of Bekal fort are the water-tank with its flight of steps, the tunnel opening towards the south, the magazine for keeping ammunition and the broad steps leading to the observation tower etc. I reached the finishing point of my Incredible India Tours Kerala. Turn back to my place by cherishing the moments i spent in this beautiful land. 

Not just these, i have travelled only the main tourism spots in Kerala, this one of the God's best creations has much more to offer you on your holidays in this majic land. I am assure that the Incredible India Tours Kerala become one of the best moment in your life.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Post..really kerala is very beautiful place especially for nature lovers.

    ReplyDelete